Recipe: Tuna Casserole
Summary: Classic Tuna Casserole with a crunch twist.
- 1 cup of crushed corn flakes
- 1 can cream of asparagus soup or cheese soup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 flat packs of tuna or 2 large cans of tuna.
- 1/2 box dream fields macaroni pasta.
- 1 1/2 sharp cheddar cheese salt and pepper to taste
- Boil your pasta and your peas.
- Slice your onions into half moons.
- Saute onion in oil till they get a nice transparent sheen.
- Add mushrooms and continue sauteed with the onions.
- De-glaze pan with your pasta water, allow the water to steam away leaving only your onions and mushrooms.
- Drain your pasta reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Blend soup with pasta water, and add drained tuna.
- Combine mushrooms and onions with pasta and peas.
- Toss tuna soup mixture over pasta mixture. Spread into casserole dish.
- Cover with crushed cornflakes followed by cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts on 350 degrees.
Dream fields pasta is low carb pasta wonderful for diabetics. It comes in a black box, and is usualy with the whole wheat pasta. The best thing about dream fields is it does not have the sticky texture most whole wheat pasta have and is less in gluten as well as carbs. Cook dream fields just like normal pasta.
Cheeze-its make a great casserole topper as well as potato chips.
Cooking time (duration): 35
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)