Recipe: Jalapeno Turkey Popper Burger
Summary: Quit settling for bland dried out turkey burgers. This burger combine the great flavors of a jalapeno poppers with a cajun turkey burger, to give it a kicked up flavor that will burst in your mouth.
- 8 Jalapenos cut and removed of seeds
- 4 Slices Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 TBS worsteshire sauce
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 4 Tbs cream cheese
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 large onion
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 6 Tbs of olive oil.
- Burger fixin’s tomatoes onions lettuce and other such rabbit food that my husband flicks off.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice the head of the garlic so you can see the cloves.
- Rub the top of garlic with a little bit of your olive oil and sprinkle on some salt.
- Wrap it up in aluminum foil and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile mince and saute a onion in tbs of olive oil. You want to achieve carmelization.
- Remove ground turkey from wrapper, add soy sauce Cajun seasoning worchestire sauce and seasoning salt to the meat.
- Squeeze out two cloves of your garlic and add to your cooked mixed onion. Allow this to cool and than add to your meat.
- Mix meat onion and mashed garlic and seasoning and form into four patties, if it is too wet add a little cracker crumbs.
- Create a well in the center of the patty to allow for even cooking.
- Brush burgers with oil and place in a grill pan or on a grill, proceed to cook your burgers.
- Roast Jalapenos along side of your burgers.
- When burgers are cooked place 1 to two halves of the jalapeno on each burger and melt cheese upon them.
- Turn off your oven and toast your buns in the oven, with the remaining heat.
- Add cream cheese to both sides of the bun.
- Top with normal burger toppings.
If your guest are not fond of spicey food do not cook cheese onto the jalopeno and burger allow the jalopenos to be served to the side.
Cooking time (duration): 60
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)