Here is my version of chicken tikka the beautiful thing is you don’t have to run out and buy a crud load of spices because I’m using the McCormick spice cards that cost about 1 dollar. After you buy the card you have measurements to buy the individual spices. But Garam Marsala just isn’t available at my local market and probably would go to waste considering I only make one dish with it right now. The cards allow me to use fresher spices.
Recipe: Chicken Tikka Masala
- 4 (1/2′s) chicken breast/ no bone/ no skin **Cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can (14 1/2 0z) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- McCormick Chicken Tikka spice card.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, onion and lemon juice. Stir 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add all of the spcies except the RED Pepper
- Cook and stir another minute to get the spices to open
- Stir in tomatoes until well mixed.
- Stir coconut milk into the corn starch and salt unitl smooth. Gradually stir mixture into skillet.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, stirring frequently, simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the red pepper to taste while it is simmering. If you like it HOT go for the entire packet – but be warned!
- Serve with cooked brown rice. (rice not included in Calories)
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4