Recipe: Baked Tuna Croquettes
Summary: These little nuggets of baked tuna are great for lunchbox’s as well as a quick dinner. They are great kid pleasers as well as appetizers, serve with macaroni and cheese or dipping sauces.
- 1 large can of tuna (not the warehouse size)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs mayonaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 egg
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup breadcrums
- Drain your tuna with a cheese cloth squeezing out all excess water or oil in the tuna. Then add to a mixing bowl. (The more you can get out the better these will be.)
- Mince celery and onion add to bowl.
- Sprinkle, celery salt, and curry and squeeze lemon over the tuna mixture.
- Beat two eggs and add them to tuna and combine.
- Depending on the moisture of your mixture. Add mayonnaise to secure proper binding. If your tuna is binding well without it leave it out.
- Roll tuna into patties, sticks or nuggets (your choice).
- Add shaped tuna to plate of breadcrums breading on all sides.
- Spray a backing sheet add breaded croquettes to the sheet. After breading all spray the top with cooking spray. Bake on 400 for about 15 minutes turning the shapes over halfway through to get even browning.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4