I’m really happy with the ways these turned out. Not only are these cute petite pies just plain yummy but the technique has opened me up to being able to do all sorts of other good pies this way in record breaking time. I don’t even need one of those fancy electric pie makers because I used a cupcake tin. The recipe yields 12 mini pies and what you are seeing is whats left after me and my hubby attacked them at dinner.
Recipe: Petite Cherry Pies
- 1 can of cinnabon cinnamon rolls
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 can cooking spray.
- Separate each cinnamon rolls into two layers. You will have extra layers which you can use to patch up holes in your dough while you are forming them into shells.
- Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray
- Press cinnamon rolls into each of the cupcake tins creating a well in the center.
- Bake for 350 degrees approximately ten minutes. I’m a higher altitude than most so for most people it will be longer. (Food dries out in the oven in Rockies)
- The dough will rise and try to form cinnamon rolls when this happens. Pull the rolls out and mash them down with a ladeling spoon to get your cup shape. If the dough feels done enough remove from oven.
- Test to make sure each cup is coming out of the tin.
- Add your cherry pie filling and bake for additional two minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12