This Recipe is a great summer dessert or brunch recipe and will leave your guest amazed. I actually figured this one out by not wanting to create sweet cream for my crepes and having left over ambrosia sitting in my fridge. The filling has a great tropical flavor and I felt it really didn’t need much more, to top them so I just used my strawberry freezer jam me and my husband made last week. You can certainly drizzle it with a manga or a tropical flavored jam as well, and it would probably be even more spectacular.
Recipe: Crepes Ambrosia
Recipe: Basic Crepe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cooking spray
- Mix all the ingredients together, using the butter to thin the batter if it is to thick. Spray the skillet and let it come to medium heat.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup add the batter to the pan.
- Use a offset icing knife to move the batter into a circle and flip the crepes.
- Crepes cook about 2 minutes per side.
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Summary: For the Tropical Ambrosia.
- 1 fresh pinapple cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup baking cococunt.
- 1 bar of creamcheese
- 1 tub of coolwhip
- 1 can of mandarian oranges
- 1/4 cup confectionary sugar
- Mix the sugar creamcheese and coolwhip together with a high speed mixer.
- Add Cococunt and mix till it is incorporated.
- Drain the juice from the oranges and add it as well as your chopped pinapple
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Preparing the Crepes for Presentation
- Load each Crepe With Ambrosia.
- Lightly drizzle warmed strawberry preserves and berries over them.